Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.
I don't have any OpenOffice documents to try here, so I would like to get a file from you so I can test this out. Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.
I received your file. Thank you.
I am able to email the file without any issues. Here is what I have done.
1. In FileMaker Pro 11.0v4, I created a file (0.fp7) with a Container field named "Container".
2. I created one record and inserted your file "Fernandes roots engels.odt" into "Container"
3. I created a script "Container Email" with the following steps:
Set Variable [ $path ; "file:Fernandes roots engels.odt" ]
Export Field Contents [ 0::Container ; "$path" ; Create email ]
4. I ran the script under Pro to make verify it worked.
5. I set the file to shared.
6. I launched FileMaker Go 11 and accessed the file.
7. I ran the script "Container Email", and the email was created with the attachment and sent it. The file was received with the attachment.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you.
My appologies for not being clear. I tried to use the FM Go 11 built-in functions to email the "odt" file in the container, as follows:
1) Access the file in FM Go 11.
2) Tap on container field with odt doc (actual odt doc in container).
3) Select Email.
4) Add email address.
5) Send email. After a while: the following is obtained: "Sending the message content to the server failed."
This works well with pdf's and images, but will not send the odt doc.
I'm still unable to replicate the problem. The file you sent does email using the steps you provided.
I've tried this with FileMaker Go 11 on an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad 1 and iPad 3. If you have an iPad 2, I'll try it from there, too.
If you create a new database file, insert the file into a Container field, and then access it via FileMaker Go, do you get the same error?
TSGal, I followed your your instructions, created a new a database, inserted the file into a container, then accessed the file in FM Go, I got the same error with the "odt" doc, but not with PDF docs. Then I rebooted the iPad, now everything is good performing as it should. The odt doc emailed as an attachment. To bad I did not think of rebooting earlier. Problem fixed.