2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2011 12:36 PM by plutarch99

email Script Problem on ipad

plutarch99

Title

email Script Problem on ipad

I have a script that attaches a PDF to an email and sends it using an email client.  It works fine on my desktop machine, but it does not work on my ipad.  On the ipad it generates the pdf and starts the email client, but it does not attach the pdf to the email.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jimmy

• 1. Re: email Script Problem on ipad
          TSGal

James Tanner:

Thank you for your post.

Make sure you are retrieving the file from the DocumentsPath.  That is, you may have a script as follows:

Set Variable [ $FileName ; Value: "file.pdf" ]
          Save Records as PDF [ No dialog ; "$FileName" ; Records being browsed ]
          Set Variable [ $PDFPath ; Value: Get (DocumentsPath) & $FileName ]
          Send Mail [ Send via E-mail Client ; To: "user1@abc.com" ; Subject: "PDF File enclosed" ; Message: "Here is the PDF file" ; "$PDFPath" ]

This will then create an email with the PDF file attachment.  If you name of the PDF file beforehand, you can skip the first Set Variable script step and just place it into the Save Records as PDF script step.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: email Script Problem on ipad
            plutarch99

Thanks for the quick response TSGal.  I followed your instructions and I now have the exact opposite results.  The script now works on the ipad but it does not work on the desktop.  In the SaveRecordsAsPDF command do I just enter $FileName into the Output File Path List?

Jimmy