4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2011 9:55 AM by TSGal

esc off - user abort off - not working on Touch in IOS 5 and 1.2.3

Title

esc off - user abort off - not working on Touch in IOS 5 and 1.2.3

Setting User Abort Off does not deactivate the one finger swipe that stops a script. Please fix.

• 1. Re: esc off - user abort off - not working on Touch in IOS 5 and 1.2.3

Further debugging reveals that some actions cause the status of User Abort to be changed to ON. Not sure if this is changing layouts, new record, or what? adding numerous Abort OFFs solved all but one instance...

• 2. Re: esc off - user abort off - not working on Touch in IOS 5 and 1.2.3
            TSGal

Jack Rodgers:

Thank you for your post.

I am having trouble replicating the problem, so if you could narrow this down a bit, I would appreciate it.

What have you discovered with User Abort being changed to On?  Are you calling scripts in other files?

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: esc off - user abort off - not working on Touch in IOS 5 and 1.2.3

User Abort on is the default.

The default script contains moving to a new layout in a different table and creating a new record. Various variables are created but I think that's irrelevent.

The script ends performing a new script which also creates a record in another table.

I noticed that swiping my finger would abort the script, not something I wanted to happen.

So I inserted UserAbort Off before each change.

I could tell when the abort happened by which table was showing...

I stopped most of the aborts but one which I think is when a perform script is called. That script also uses off so I am guessing that the abort occurs during transition since if I recall correctly ON is set automatically at the start of a script. Which means I will have to merge the two scripts.

Maybe it was the peanut butter on my fingers?  :)

If I am correct about that microinstant between two scripts...darn...

• 4. Re: esc off - user abort off - not working on Touch in IOS 5 and 1.2.3
                TSGal

Jack Rodgers:

I am still unable to replicate the problem.  This is what I have done:

I have two tables: "First Table" and "Second Table".  In the each table, I have one field, "Number" defined as a Number field.  I created a script named "Abort Script 2" with the following steps:

Go to Layout [ "Second Table" (Second Table)]
                Loop
                   New Record/Request
                   Set Field [ Second Table::Number ; Get ( RecordNumber ) ]
                   Exit Loop If [ Second Table::Number > 1000 ]
                End Loop

-----

I then created another script named "Abort Script 1" with the following steps:

Allow User Abort [Off]
                Go to Layout [ "First Table" (First Table)]
                Loop
                   New Record/Request
                   Set Field [ First Table::Number ; Get ( RecordNumber ) ]
                   Exit Loop If [ First Table::Number > 100 ]
                End Loop
                Perform Script ["Abort Test 2"]

-----

"Abort Script 1" starts by not allowing user abort, adding a few records to the first table, and then executes a script in the second table.  There is no user abort setting in the second script.

Then, using FileMaker Go, I execute "Abort Test 1", and I'm unable to abort the script.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate the problem here.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.