2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 9:09 AM by CynthiaMckeon

Export container field containing pictures

petergraham

Title

Export container field containing pictures

Hi Guys

Ive developed a surveying  database which allows me to take pictures on site. Sounds great but i cant get the pictures off the ipad when i get back to the office. The pictures are stored in a container field and i cant seem to export them at all.

I cant even see them in my photos so i cant get them off manually via the cable.

Do i have to use a script or something or can i set it so that the photos are saved straight in the photo library of my ipad.

Im at my wits end with this so any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

• 1. Re: Export container field containing pictures
          petergraham

seems nobody knows. Had a similar response on other boards. Appears in filemaker go you simply cant export images taken with the camera.

• 2. Re: Export container field containing pictures
            CynthiaMckeon

Hello, I had this issue- I was able to figure out the following method, though my needs may be different than yours.

1)  Transfer the database back to your computer.

2)  I created a script (with a lot of online poking around) that would enable me to export all the images from a found set and container field in the last sort order.  Is that what you want to do?   The following is the formula.  I needed to create a new formula for each container field (so whenever I wanted to export the image in that particular container field, I would run the script from the found set.)  Here is the formula:

Loop

Set Variable [$$file; Value:'GetAsText ( STUDENTS::Grade1ArtProject3)*/*]

Export Field Contents [STUDENTS::Grade1ArtProject3]

Go to Record/Request/Page [Next; Exit after last]

End Loop

I do need to rename the exported file, as I want to be able to upload them to my class website and have the names make sense, but it is fairly quick.   I have them exported to a particular folder on my desktop, then I can bring them into iPhoto, then upload to iWeb.  What I am having a difficult time with, and will be posting on a separate post as a question, is I want to have related fields (not embedded images) in both my FileMaker Go and FileMaker Pro databases.  I do not know how to do that yet.

I hope that this helps.  I am a relative newbie, self taught but determined.