AnsweredAssumed Answered

Export database backup from iPad to WebDAV

Question asked by d4creative on Oct 24, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 25, 2012 by TSGal

Title

Export database backup from iPad to WebDAV

I have a client who needs to use Filemaker Go on an iPad in very remote locations. There is no internet, 3G or other form of local or online backup. He can't carry a laptop everywhere to perform backups via iTunes, but wants to keep running backups during each day.

Is there ANY WAY AT ALL to save a copy of the database to an external device - for example I have an Airstash (portable webdav wireless network) which allows connection of the SD card to the iPad. But how can I transfer the files into a seperate directory for backing up? Other apps allow for external data sources but I can't find any reference to such a thing with FM Go. I desperately need a solution to this problem!!  It seems like Filemaker has not thought of reasonable and practical portable backup for FM Go.

I have tried to use the "Save a copy as" script command but I don't know what url to write to make it work. The Airstash has a directory of http://airstash.net/files which allows for direct file transfer from the iPad. But how can I get FM Go to see it?

P.S. I am loath to have to jailbreak a brand new iPad and void any warranty.

Thanks.

Outcomes