2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2010 10:54 AM by craig5005

Feature Request: Offline Synch is sorely needed for next iteration of FMPGo

JamesRoland

Title

Feature Request: Offline Synch is sorely needed for next iteration of FMPGo

Howdy,

The title says it all: this feature should, IMHO, be in the top 5 for the next release.  Yes, the Wi-Fi is great, but one is not always able to do so.

I am in the midst of building a business case for an airline to use FMPGo on an iPad to track their pilots simulator performance on the Boeing 737, tracking the government mandated training records. The Wi-Fi option is out of the question in this case, as the simulator training could be at any of a number of facilities. One needs the ability to load the Sim Performance app on the iPad, do the sim ride, grade the pilot, then, when back at operations, "synch" to the Pilot grading database to update the master Pilot Training Records DB. My old Palm Pilot could do this 11 years ago, so I see no reason why, now, that this is not an option for FMPGo :)

If FM does not do this sort of thing on their own, I see this as a custom plugin that many, myself included, would be readily willing to pay a "good buck" for :)

Cheers!

Lyle Chamney