1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2012 11:48 AM by fredrogers

File Maker Go with IOS 5

fredrogers

Title

File Maker Go with IOS 5

I am having an issues that on my newly updated Ipad 2 when you are keying in data it will just take a long time to move to the next field. Then it will make the clicking sound like you are typing but nothing shows up. After 20 secounds or show all the letters you typed show up. But it is making my users think their ipad is locked up. 

I have a Ipad 2 that has not been updated to IOS 5 and it seems to work just fine. 

Any thoghts?

-=fred=-

• 1. Re: File Maker Go with IOS 5
          mnaftilan

I am having the same issue but it actually does seem to be completely freezing until you restart filemaker go.  When is an update going to come out to fix this issue?

• 2. Re: File Maker Go with IOS 5
            TSGal

Fred Rogers and Matt Naftilan:

Thank you for your posts.

There have two calls into our Technical Support department today reporting similar symptoms.  However, on my iOS 5 iPad, I have noticed a lag from time to time, but only for 1 second, and that was with a hosted file.  However, we are still continuing to investigate this issue.

Are you accessing hosted files?  Are there a lot of graphics/objects on the layout?

Matt Naftilan - Does this only occur after prolonged use?

Any other information both of you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible causes.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: File Maker Go with IOS 5
              mnaftilan

For me it is accessing a host file and I have noticed in the past(before updating) occasional 1 second delays when trying to do something but this is definitely something different.  

The layout is made up mostly of simple text and various input fields as well as a few buttons.  But the layout has not changed at all since updating to the new filemaker 1.2.3 and ios5.  

The freezing doesn't seem to have anything to do with prolonged use.  Sometimes it happens immediately and sometimes I will get most of the way through entering a record before it has an issue.

• 4. Re: File Maker Go with IOS 5
                TSGal

Matt Naftilan:

Thank you for the additional information.

Are you accessing the file over a LAN or WAN?

Since we are having difficulty replicating the problem with our files, is it possible we can get a copy of the file?  Or a clone of the file?  If so, check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: File Maker Go with IOS 5
                  fredrogers

Hosted file, Mac mini server 10.6 runnig FM Advanced 11.04.

There is a place holder for a client picture, but it is not loaded in to the record when the lockup occors. 

There are 4 other boxes of colors for back grouds etc. The fields and buttons all have colors. 

As far as the layout it has: 

• 29 Regular Fields
                  • 16 Buttons

The freezeing, or slow down, will allway happen on the same line. 

I am not sure if that is considered "a lot". 

I have 2 Ipad 2s that I have been working with. One is on IOS 4.3.5 and the other is on IOS 5, same version of FMgo.

The IOS 4 dose not have any isues with they layout, but the updated on dose. 

Thanks for looking in to this. If there is any other information I can provide let me know.

-=fred=-

• 6. Re: File Maker Go with IOS 5
                    TSGal

Fred Rogers:

Thank you for the additional information.  I have also passed this information to the appropriate people.  If possible, I would also like a copy/clone of the hosted file.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                    FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: File Maker Go with IOS 5
                      sintra

I have the same problem with lag and freezing since uppgrade to iOS 5.

For a couple of minutes it work OK but then slower and slower and then no response from the screen at all.

Using iPad in my veterinary clinic and rather depending on it for my daily work...

Downgrade to iOS 4 ?

• 8. Re: File Maker Go with IOS 5

There was an update to Filemaker Go downloaded automatically on my Touch a day or so before IOS 5 shipped. Did everyone get it? Go 1.2.3...

• 9. Re: File Maker Go with IOS 5
                          fredrogers

Yes I did upgrade to FM go 1.2.3

-=fred=-

• 10. Re: File Maker Go with IOS 5
                            TSGal

Fred Rogers and Matt Naftilan:

I have received both of your files.  Thank you.

Both files have been sent to Development and Testing for review.  From past experience, it usually takes a few days before I receive any feedback, so please be patient.  I'll definitely keep you updated.

TSGal
                            FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: File Maker Go with IOS 5
                              TSGal

Sintra:

Thank you for your post.

With the testing done here in Technical Support, our initial findings is that we do not see a difference between iOS 5 and iOS 4.  However, your comments about this slowing down over time is something we have not tried.

Like I've asked the others, are you using this as a standalone or accessing a hosted file?  If hosted, is this on a LAN or a WAN?  Any other information you can describe about your solution may be helpful to us and others.

I would also like to get a copy of your file.  Please check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                              FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: File Maker Go with IOS 5
                                fredrogers

Thank you for looking in to this. 

BTW this is in a LAN eviroment.

-=fred=-

• 13. Re: File Maker Go with IOS 5
                                  ChrisMeerveld

Since I updated to IOS 5 I can use an uploaded version of my order entry / inventory system as before, however when I connect via wifi to the online network copy it takes 10 minutes to load and is so slow that it unusable.  I though perhaps it was the icloud upload/download, however when I disabled the icload, there was no improvement.  Problem began with IOS 5!

• 14. Re: File Maker Go with IOS 5
                                    TSGal

All:

Thank you for your files.  Our Testing department has been able to replicate the problem.  It doesn't happen all the time, but it appears that if the text field being edited extends beneath the pop-up keyboard, then the performance takes a nosedive.  Testing is continuing to investigate if this is a FileMaker Go or iOS 5 issue.  I will update again when I have more information.  Again, this is some preliminary findings.

TSGal
                                    FileMaker, Inc.

1 2 Previous Next