1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 16, 2015 8:54 AM by philmodjunk

Filemaker Go  - How to find out the right path to picture in Network

Magus

Title

Filemaker Go  - How to find out the right path to picture in Network

Hi everyone,

I just started to work with Filemaker Go. I use Filemaker pro 13 on my mac and I the pictures for the movie database are stored on an external Network HD (WD My Cloud) which is connected to my network over an ethernet connection to my Icloud.

I created a layout for my Iphone and want to show a cover pic of a movie in it (The same as it is done on the MAC). The only problem is, that FM Go on the Iphone does not find the picture  on the HD disk because the path to the picture is obviously wrong . So, how do I find out the right path to the picture stored an the Network HD?  

Oh, it is not an option to make a copy of the database with the pictures included because the database would be to big.

Thanks for any idea.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Go  - How to find out the right path to picture in Network
          philmodjunk

Try inserting a file from that location into a container field in FM GO using the "store a reference" option. Then you can check the file path entered into this container field to determine the file path to that image and to the folder where that image is located.

If you can't insert the image, then your device does not have access to that shared directory and this would explain why you can't access that image. (GetAsText ( ContainerField ) will show the file reference text--including the file path, but also other info)

but note that you can set up a container field with "external storage" specified and this should allow both Pro and Go clients to access the image without the image being physically stored in the field.