2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2012 12:46 PM by disabled_JackRodgers

FileMaker Go 12 Running Very Slow

user14040

Title

FileMaker Go 12 Running Very Slow

I am using The New IPad LTE with FileMaker Go12 When I log into my database on wireless or LTE it takes almost 30 seconds or more for FileMaker Go 12 to load the layout. I noticed that the only layout that I have the problem with is the layout that has the most records added. The layout that has the problem has 1242 records and I continually add new records.  Once the layout is loaded and I go to another layout then go back to the layout it loads fine, it only happens when I first log in. I do not have any sorting on the layout that has the problem it's just a button that has a script that goes to layout. When I first log in and go to other layouts with less records it loads with not problems. Is this a known problem? Thanks

• 1. Re: FileMaker Go 12 Running Very Slow
          user14040

Well I found a fix not sure why but this is what I did.

Created a script that goes to a layout with the same number of records paused for 1 second then go to the form that I had problems with and the layout loaded fast.

not sure why it loads slow when I go directly to the layout but is fine when I go to another layout then go to the layout that laods slow.

But I guess whatever works.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Go 12 Running Very Slow

Remote connections have to deliver data and this is noticeably slower than using Filemaker Pro on your laptop or on a file stored on the Go device and opened. Period. No questions answered...

When you first open the file, it has no data to show you. If you are using Photos or large graphics, those all take time.

If your db is on a shared host, cheapo, its even slower since 50 other users are hosting giant files and trying to update them...

But, you can adjust your design as you've seen. Try creating a Menu layout in that file. It has buttons for you to do this or that, show reports, add a record, etc.

While you are contemplating your menu layout, Filemaker can load some of the records for that table and you won't notice the delay.

Try something like this

Go to layout Menu in Customer table.
            Refresh Window (may not be needed)
            Find(whatever)

Now while you study the Menu, Filemaker loads your find. A find that only discovers 10 records is probably sufficient.