1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2012 12:53 PM by disabled_JackRodgers

FileMaker Go 12 security issues

johnswhitehead_1

Title

FileMaker Go 12 security issues

I'm struggling with security settings when using FMGo12 to access file hosted by FMServerAdvanced12.

1) I have accounts that work perfectly on FMPro but are not recognised under FMGo when using identical credentials.

2) I am using the signature capture capabilities of FMGo. When a user has full access this works as expected, with signature offered as an input option when the container is tapped. When the user has access restricted in any way (as far as I can see) the input options (including Signature) on the container field are not offered. I can't see what the restriction is as, for instance, text fields on the same layout for the same record are accessible in the normal way; so it can't be a restriction either on the layout or the record. Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Go 12 security issues

There is a checkbox at the bottom of each script window for running that script with Full Access priviliges. This script can be used to create new records, etc. when the user doesn't have such priviliges.

I am guessing but perhaps your signature capture doesn't work with accounts without the proper access to create and save records.

So, perhaps a button that performs a script and goes to a signature layout and has the box checked. Use a pause button after Go to Layout and then have a resume button on the layout to continue and save the changes.

Not sure if this works but it might.