2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2014 8:12 AM by AppGuy

FileMaker Go 12 throws credential error on relogin

pjreagan

Title

FileMaker Go 12 throws credential error on relogin

Client complained about this error happening frequently, and it just now happened to me.  When entering credentials after the iPad has either timed out, or loses wifi, the following error is displayed:  "The given account name and password cannot be used to access this file". 

At least it takes cancelling the login attempt, and relaunching the file from the FM Go start screen, for the credentials to be accepted.  (Clients have complained that sometimes the FileMaker Go app must be quit and relaunched.  But I haven't witnessed this.)

What am I doing wrong?  Is there anything I can try to get the credentials to be accepted when entered at the first challenge?

FWIW: This is with FM Go 12 accessing a file on a third party remote server.  The file's security settings had been using fmreauthenticate10.  I just changed it to 20 in the hopes of reducing the frequency of them being timed out.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Go 12 throws credential error on relogin
          TSGal

Patrick:

Thank you for your post.

fmreauthenticate10 will time out after 10 minutes of non-activity.  After ten minutes of non-activity, you will be prompted for the credentials.

fmreauthenticate20 will time out after 20 minutes of non-activity.  Users should not have to reboot FileMaker Go.

The next time this occurs, find out what the customer was doing prior to this message.  Was the customer using another application for an extended period of time?  Gone to lunch?  I'll need more information in order to know which direction to take this.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Go 12 throws credential error on relogin
            AppGuy

FYI-

I have mine set to  fmreauthenticate10000.. They can stay logged in all week if they want to..

JP