13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2014 10:44 AM by ryan.thompson

Filemaker go 13 camera issues

BFalasiri

Title

Filemaker go 13 camera issues

We are taking inventory pictures with our iPad. When we switched to Go 13 (worked fine in Go 12), we hit difficulties...after 20 or so pictures, the camera went black. A picture could be taken, but beforehand, it could not be viewed on the screen to focus or align the shot. Awkward! Bad pictures! A shot in the dark! Untenable!

We exited filemaker Go, tested the camera through other apps as well as just the camera, and they all worked fine. Re-enter Go 13, after another batch of pictures, this same thing recurs, et al. Serious work flow issue when you have 20,000 photos to take!.

Any ideas or suggestions? This is driving my staff crazy, and slowing things down tremendously.

• 1. Re: Filemaker go 13 camera issues
          AppGuy

I just went through our app and took 20 pictures... works fine..  Is there a way to replicate this?

• 2. Re: Filemaker go 13 camera issues
            AppGuy

What IOS version are you on?

• 3. Re: Filemaker go 13 camera issues
              BFalasiri

We are closed today, so I will do some more testing tomorrow. This occurred usually in the later part of the day, and has happened each of the five days since we moved to go 13. Ios7, on an ipad3. Not using filemaker service, but running FM 13 on mavericks, on the desktop server (new Mac mini).

• 4. Re: Filemaker go 13 camera issues
                AppGuy

ok.. let us know... let us know what specific iOS version...  7.0.3... 7.0.4..??  and also when your testing let us know how we can reproduce it to help you..

• 5. Re: Filemaker go 13 camera issues
                  TSGal

B. Falasiri:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. Using FileMaker Go 13.0v2 under iOS 7.0.4, I used the built-in Assets Library.

2. I created several records, and took five pictures into each of the related Container fields.

3. After creating ten records and taking 50 pictures, I am still able to use the camera.

Let me know what I'm doing differently so I can try to replicate the issue.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Filemaker go 13 camera issues
                    johnswhitehead_1

Hi

I have a somewhat different problem in a similar area: I have a solution that I'm testing on an iPhone and it works fine, including taking pictures into container fields. But when I switch to an iPad mini (running 7.0.3) and invoke the camera in a container field I momentarily get the screen from the camera app but then FileMaker Go crashes taking the camera app with it. When I reboot Go and return to the record I'm not allowed to edit it as it's already being edited by me. This happens reliably and I haven't yet taken a picture on the iPad.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Best

J

• 7. Re: Filemaker go 13 camera issues
                      TSGal

johnswhitehead:

Thank you for your post.

Does the crash only occur with this one layout?  That is, if you create a second layout (do not duplicate the existing layout) with the Container field, are you able to take a picture?  If not, create a second table with a Container field and try again.  If this fails, then the database file may be damaged.  Try creating a new file with a Container field and see if you are able to take a picture.  If not, reboot the iPad Mini and try again.  If this still fails, reinstall FileMaker Go.  If this fails, try restoring your iPad.

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
                           FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: Filemaker go 13 camera issues
                        johnswhitehead_1

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I can't action them because I've had to return the iPad mini I was borrowing (my own is an iPad 1 and won't run Go 13).  I can see I'm going to have to invest in an upgrade because I obviously can't rely on the iPhone for testing. I'll let you know how I get on.

Best

J

• 9. Re: Filemaker go 13 camera issues
                          BFalasiri

i have not updated to iOS 7.04

i don't know if this is another clue, but this problem occurs after iPad has gone to sleep. upon return, the camera screen is black. for now we are just quitting and restarting.

• 10. Re: Filemaker go 13 camera issues
                            oliver

Yes, I can confirm I am facing the same problem. It happened on my iPhone 4S with iOS 7 and new iPod touch just bought for a few days. 

The camera will get into problem after sleep mode. The screen went black but can see it's focusing with the yellow floating square. It can take picture if you press the shutter button.

Second, the barcode scanning feature come with the script Insert from device could not work again after taking picture to container field.

its easy to reproduce on both my iPhone and iPod touch.

oli

• 11. Re: Filemaker go 13 camera issues
                              TSGal

oliver Leung:

Thank you for your post.

Your issue is slightly different, as it also involves Bar Code scanning.  Our Development and Testing departments are aware of this issue that Bar Code scanning will not work after taking a picture with the same camera.  I have attached your post to that original report.  When more information becomes available, I will let you know.

For other forum members who have reported this issue, see the following two threads:

iPad will not scan after insert from device (picture)

Insert from Device(Bar Code) doesn't scan after Inserting from Camera

TSGal
                                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: Filemaker go 13 camera issues
                                TSGal

All:

This issue of scanning bar codes after taking a picture has been addressed in the FileMaker Go 13.0v3 update, now available through the App Store and iTunes.

TSGal
                                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 13. Re: Filemaker go 13 camera issues
                                  ryan.thompson

I experienced the same thing as OP. Went to Settings->FileMaker Go->Allow Filemaker go to access: select camera. Problem solved.