7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2010 10:28 AM by TSGal

Filemaker Go Checkbox Problem

ScottBeebe

Title

Filemaker Go Checkbox Problem

I'm sure this is something dumb that I'm just missing. My problem is I've created a database that uses a checkbox set of multiple options. The layout contains multiple tabs, and under each tab is a new checkbox option. The checkbox options are driven from a field in another table. When on my layout in Filemaker Go, I see the checkboxes themselves, but no text next to them. It isn't a font color issue. The font is set to black while the background of the checkbox field is white. I can't seem to make it work either with custom value lists, created in Filemaker Advanced, in any case. 

Any thoughts on what I'm missing? 

• 1. Re: Filemaker Go Checkbox Problem
          philmodjunk

Can you confirm that this works when just using FileMaker Pro instead of Go?

• 2. Re: Filemaker Go Checkbox Problem
            ScottBeebe

Yes. It works fine in Filemaker 10 and 11. It even works in FMTouch. Just not in Filemaker Go. In fact, every checkbox and radio button set I've tried to this point does the same thing. 

• 3. Re: Filemaker Go Checkbox Problem
              TSGal

Scott Beebe:

Thank you for your posts.

I am unable to replicate the problem.  I have created a database file with several text fields.  On my layout, I created a Tab Control and each text field is placed in different tabs.  The fields are formatted for checkboxes, radio buttons, pop-up menus and drop down lists.  All the values are taken from fields in other tables.  In FileMaker Go on an iPod touch and iPad, the values display for each tab.

Instead of me asking you several questions about the file, it will probably be easier if you send in your file (or a clone), and I will work with it here to try and determine why your values are not showing.  Please see your Inbox at the top of this screen for instructions where to send your file.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Filemaker Go Checkbox Problem
                AndyCohen

We've given up on the Checkboxes and the radio buttons in FM Go.  Too slow... and too small anyways!

We do all selection and mutually exclusive selections using buttons and Conditional formatting.  Works MUCH better!

More on our show...

http://fmsuccesstips.libsyn.com/rss

• 5. Re: Filemaker Go Checkbox Problem
                  TSGal

Scott Beebe:

I received your file.  Thank you.

I am able to replicate the problem.  After changing the font size, I noticed the values were being cut off.  Then, I noticed that the Line Spacing was set to 2 lines.  When I changed it to 1 line, the values were displayed.  It appears the values are being aligned with the bottom spacing instead of the top; thereby being cut off.

I have forwarded your file and my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  I will keep you posted.  Until this is changed, set the line spacing for 1.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Filemaker Go Checkbox Problem
                    TSGal

Scott Beebe:

Sorry for the late reply.  Our Testing confirmed the issue and sent the information to Development.  No other information is available at this time.

TSGal
                    FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Filemaker Go Checkbox Problem
                      TSGal

Scott Beebe:

This has been fixed in the FileMaker Go 1.1.1 update.

TSGal
                      FileMaker, Inc.