2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 10:55 AM by DavidStacey

Filemaker Go email with pdf

DavidStacey

Title

Filemaker Go email with pdf

Hi

I have a fair bit of superficial knowledge of FM, but some of the deeper scripting leaves me cold!

I have created an involved database on my Mac, which handles contact management, order processing (sales and purchase) invoicing and much more including  the sending of pricelists, via send as pdf, which creates an email addressed to who I want it to go to, with subject and email content - all works very nicely on the Mac with no issues (well maybe one or two...)

I want to have some of this functionality on my iPhone 5, mainly sending pricelists.

I am using FM 12 Pro Advanced and Filemaker Go 12.

I have created a contact management and pricelist layouts for the iPhone - all OK, but I can't get the pdf of the pricelist to attach to the email, the send mail part works perfectly.

I found a script, but whatever I do, it just doesn't work, I have spent a whole day and am now going a little crazy, this is the script I am using for a product called BACKUP:

Set Variable [ $Output; Value: Get( TemporaryPath ) & "Backup IOS.pdf" ]

Save Records as PDF [ File Name: “$Output”; Records being browsed ]

Send Mail [ Send via E-mail Client; To: Prem Ass Database::Email; Subject: "Back Up 2012 Pricelist"; Message: "Hi" & " " & Prem Ass Database::First & "¶¶" &

"Thank you for your inquiry, please find" & "¶" & "attached our Back Up pricelist as requested." & "¶¶" &

"Video: http://vimeo.com/31948554" & "¶¶" & "Regards" & "¶¶" &

"David" & "¶¶"; Attachment: “file:"$Output"” ] [ No dialog ]

I have tried all sorts of substitutions and file names with no luck - Please help !!

Thanks in anticipation

• 1. Re: Filemaker Go email with pdf
          TSGal

David Stacey:

Thank you for your post.

First, temporarily disable the Send Mail script step.  Then, run the script.  Close the file and return to the home screen and ensure a "Backup iOS.pdf" file is created.  If not, then try using Get (DocumentsPath) instead of Get (Temporary Path).  That is,

Set Variable [ $Output ; Value: Get (Documents Path) & "Backup iOS.pdf"]

Once you verify the PDF file is created, then enable the Send Mail script step, and make sure the attachment is set to "$Output" only.  It looks like you are trying to add "file"$Output"".  This is incorrect.

Let me know if you continue to run into difficulty.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Go email with pdf
            DavidStacey

You are a STAR!!

Many thanks.