0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2013 7:56 AM by PolyPaparas

Filemaker Go has been a total disappointment....

PolyPaparas

Title

Filemaker Go has been a total disappointment....

I am writing this post to express my disappointment with FMGo after using it for more than a year now...

Please correct me if I am wrong and direct me to the right direction to overcome my problems...

I am a physician, and over the years I have built a database for my patients on Filemaker Pro. I had been using this on my laptop, and when I bought my ipad I was dreaming of getting it on the ipad and being able to sync the two together.

Initially there was no filemaker available for the ipad. Only FMTouch, which required reprogramming the database since only a subset of the scripts was supported...

OK, I bought FMTouch, and just as I was ready to create my standalone version, the plug was pulled off FMTouch...

So I bought FMGo, which was quite expensive at the time, only to find out that I cannot sync the two, that a lot of the scripts are not  supported, that I cannot draw or sign in a container field, that I cannot store sound files in a container field etc.

So, I explored various options to be able to draw, and then FMGo suddenlly supported signing, but it is so badly supported that is is virtually useless for anything else apart from entering a signature...

Syncing is another story... I would either have to use a server/client solution, which in my situation is not an option as there is no 3g or wifi available in the operating theatres, where I operate. I need to be able to have an offline solution. There seem to be some third party solutions available, but these are expensive and fairly difficult to implement.

So I recently came across a database program writen by a guy working on its own. Tap forms is very basic compared to FMGo, BUT is supports drawing, storing sounds and syncing via icloud out of the box!!! How can a simple solution by a single programmer be able to do that, and a solution with more than 20 years of background behind it, with hundreds of programmers, not be able to do that... (Even Bento can sync - so why not Filemaker?)

And don't tell me to file a feature request. I did that more than a year ago and nothing happened.

Please tell me something to help me restore my faith to Filemaker Go, otherwise I think I will just go with Tap Forns