4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2012 5:11 PM by PeterDurant

Filemaker Go mobile connection not working

TommiHelminen

Title

Filemaker Go mobile connection not working

Filemaker 11 server hosted files:

-wifi connection in LAN network with ipad FM GO works ok

- wan connection with FM 11 from desktop works ok (port 5003 open ok in Firewall)

- wan connction (3G) with iPad FM GO is not working

Any help ?

Thanks

Tommi

• 1. Re: Filemaker Go mobile connection not working
          TSGal

Tommi Heiminen:

Thank you for your post.

Are you able to see the host computer but not the files?  If the files are displayed, what occurs when you try to open the file remotely?

If you are unable to access the host, are you using the external IP address to access the host?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause(s).

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Go mobile connection not working
            PeterDurant

I am having the same problem.  I can log into my database with GO when on the LAN, but not when I type in the ip address remotely.  I know that the ip is good (and the port forwarding on my router) since I can access the database with IWP, but no files display when using GO.

Any help would be great!

thanks, Peter

• 3. Re: Filemaker Go mobile connection not working
              TommiHelminen

"Are you able to see the host computer but not the files?"

Problem was that iPad had incorrect APN-settings on Mobile data. It was not able to see host at all in 3G.

Now it is working perfectly.

Thank you

Tommi

• 4. Re: Filemaker Go mobile connection not working
                PeterDurant

Hi Tommi,

Thanks for replying!  Not to sound like a complete novice but... I don't know if I can see the host computer.  When I try to log on, the pop up appears but where the list of files that you can select should be it says "(no files available)".  But I don't know if that means I am seeing the host or not.

At this point I am not using 3G to connect just WiFi.  Don't know if that makes a difference or not with the APN-settings?

Thanks,
                     Peter