2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2014 6:23 AM by philmodjunk

Filemaker Go on ipad does not update records on server

TolgaDemir

Title

Filemaker Go on ipad does not update records on server

- I opened and update a filemaker file from remote server using my Macbook pro. In my hospital, I accessed the same file from my iPad with Filemaker Go. However, any changes that I made or try to add a new patient using Filemaker Go on iPad is unsuccessful. Looks like no changes were synched to the original file.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Go on ipad does not update records on server
          TSGal

Tolga Demir:

Thank you for your post.

What version of FileMaker Pro are you using?  What version of FileMaker Go are you using?

If you create a new file in FileMaker Pro with one field, set it for Network Sharing, and then access the file from FileMaker Go, are you able to create a record and update it?

What other applications do you have open?

If you relaunch FileMaker Go and access the file, does it then update correctly?

If you reboot the iPad, launch FileMaker Go and access the file, does it update correctly?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Go on ipad does not update records on server
            philmodjunk

I have reported this same issue on my iPhone 4S. For me restarting the FM GO App, didn't have to restart the whole device, cleared the issue. I suspect that this is another symptom of this issue I reported here: GetField returns null in FileMaker Go

In that thread, I've posted a script that can detect this issue and warn the user to restart the app.