1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2015 12:34 PM by TSGal

Filemaker Go, embedding video files

JodinePerkins

Title

Filemaker Go, embedding video files

I am trying to embed video files within Filemaker Go using an iPad, but...

1. Only 8 of the videos that I have stored on the iPad show up as being able to be embedded. They all seem to be stored in the same place on the iPad (in the Videos app).

2. How can I set the container to external storage in Filemaker Go?  I can do it in Filemaker pro on my Mac, but can't figure out how to do it on the iPad.  I want to embed 250 large video files, so I don't want to have a huge database, but rather have it go out to the files stored on the iPad.  I also don't want to just use an external url because we use this devise in many situations when there is no Internet (it's just a wifi enabled iPad) and we need to be able to get to the videos anywhere.  It would also work if we could somehow put the internal path name in the database and have it open up the video file in the video app.

Much thanks to anyone who can help with advice or resources.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Go, embedding video files
          TSGal

Jodine Perkins:

Thank you for your post.

If the Container field is set for external storage, then be sure to not only copy the database file to the iOS device, but also the folder that contains the video files so that the database file can reference them.

If the videos already exist in another application work area, then you will either need to move the videos into the FileMaker Go work area, or put the videos into the Photos application so that FileMaker Pro can reference and make them available either by embedding or by having them in the external storage folder.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.