4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2013 7:08 AM by TSGal

Filemaker Go:  Custom Menus

obidon

Title

Filemaker Go:  Custom Menus

Hello

I have a custom menu set installed for users of Go which diables most of teh fuctionality. EG Sort,New Find etc.  This has been replaced by buttons and scripts.

I've noticed that when the keyboard is active, some menu functions return.  

Any suggestions

• 1. Re: Filemaker Go:  Custom Menus
          TSGal

Don Don:

I'm unable to replicate the problem.  Here is a simple example of many things I tried:

1. I created a Custom Menu set that removed Sort and Unsort from the Records menu.

2. I created a script that checks for a certain accont name, and if true, use the custom menu 1 set.

3. On a few layouts, for the script trigger, I used OnLayoutEnter to call that script.

4. I turn on file sharing.

5. On my iPad, I launch FileMaker Go, access the hosted file using the "test" user account.

6. The Layouts I access, I place my cursor in a field to edit, and Sort records is grayed out.

Perhaps you can let me know the exact functions that are not grayed out.  Let me know what steps you took so I can try to replicate the issue.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Go:  Custom Menus
            obidon

HI TSGal

I also have a dialogue to show the menu is installed correctly.  I am attaching a couple of screen grabs.

I have the menu set installing as part of a startup script.  Do you think that might be the problem?

Regards

• 3. Re: Filemaker Go:  Custom Menus
              obidon
              /files/8377eb967f/photo2.PNG 1280x960
              • 4. Re: Filemaker Go:  Custom Menus
                TSGal

Don Don:

Without seeing the script and the script triggers, it is difficult to determine why it isn't working the way you expected.  If you want, send in a clone of your file and I'll take a look.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.