13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2010 5:03 PM by paul20

FileMaker Upgrade Required

paul20

Title

FileMaker Upgrade Required

I have FileMaker 9.0v3 but I get a message

"FileMaker Upgrade Required. FileMaker 9.0v1 or better is required ... You are running 1.0.1. Please update ..."

More details:

I am using FileMaker Pro 9.0v3 on a MacbookPro 2,2 with 2Gb Ram and OSX 10.6.4. I am not sharing the database but using iTunes to transfer the file to the iPhone and then open it from the FileMaker Go "Open File Browser ..." / "Files on Device" dialog box. I then "Login with account", enter account name and password and the file opens, presents the "FileMaker Upgrade Required. FileMaker 9.0v1 or better is required ... You are running 1.0.1. Please update ..." message, and then closes the database file (which I can see has run through its opening sequence in the background.)

• 1. Re: FileMaker Upgrade Required
          TSGal

paul20:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem.  I run FileMaker Pro 9.0v3 on my Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.8, and after sharing the file, I'm able to connect with FileMaker Go.

Let me know a bit more about your host computer.  That is, what operating system, version of operating system, any firewalls, etc.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Upgrade Required
            paul20

Hi TSGal

I am using FileMaker Pro 9.0v3 on a MacbookPro 2,2 with 2Gb Ram and OSX 10.6.4. I am not sharing the database but using iTunes to transfer the file to the iPhone and then open it from the FileMaker Go "Open File Browser ..." / "Files on Device" dialog box. I then "Login with account", enter account name and password and the file opens, presents the "FileMaker Upgrade Required. FileMaker 9.0v1 or better is required ... You are running 1.0.1. Please update ..." message, and then closes the database file (which I can see has run through its opening sequence in the background.)

• 3. Re: FileMaker Upgrade Required
              TSGal

paul20:

Thank you for the additional information.

Are you using a pre-release version of FileMaker Go?  This may account for the error message.  Connect your iPhone to iTunes and move over a fresh copy of FileMaker Go.  If that still fails, try using another database file.  The .fp7 file extension should be able to access the file.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker Upgrade Required
                paul20

I am using FileMaker Go Version 1.0.2.6289

I have made a copy of the file using the save as ... compact command and it has the same behaviour - any other suggestions to try? 

• 5. Re: FileMaker Upgrade Required
                  TSGal

paul20:

Try using a different database file.  I'm trying to eliminate the possibility of corruption in the original file.  Making a copy or clone of the original file would also bring over corruption.  Try also rebooting your iPhone to reset any memory conflicts.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: FileMaker Upgrade Required
                    philmodjunk

I suppose he could also test a recovered copy of the file?

• 7. Re: FileMaker Upgrade Required
                      paul20

Hi TSGal - I appreciate your help.

The "Sample Inventory.fp7" file opens fine.

I previously had the
                      "(808): Cannot open file because of damaged access privileges" error with this file on the iPhone which I fixed with the "Recover" command. So the file corruption issue could be the cause. Is the there a way to force change the Version of the original database?

Since using the "Recover" command the file opens on the iPhone but presents the ""FileMaker Upgrade Required. FileMaker 9.0v1 or better is required ... You are running 1.0.1. Please update ..." 

However, since upgrading to FileMaker Go 1.0.2 the message has changed to "you are running 1.0.2" so somehow the database is accessing the version number of FileMaker Go and reporting that to FileMaker Go as if it were the version number of the Filemaker Pro database.

-Paul20

• 8. Re: FileMaker Upgrade Required
                        TSGal

paul20:

Thanks for trying the sample file.

It does appear your current file is causing the problem.  I would like to see your file (or a clone of it).  Please check your Inbox (top of this page) for instructions where to send the file.  I will work with it here, and if I'm unable to determine the cause, I will forward it to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for additional help.

TSGal
                        FileMaker, Inc.

• 9. Re: FileMaker Upgrade Required
                          Steve Wright

Are you sure you do not have an opening script which checks the FM version and uses a custom dialog to display the message ?

Seems to me like a self made message.

• 10. Re: FileMaker Upgrade Required
                            TSGal

paul20:

I received your emails.  Thank you.

I will definitely honor any privacy information.  Since the file appears to be too large, try compressing it.  If you are on a Mac, click once on the file, pull down the File menu and select "Compress".

TSGal
                            FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: FileMaker Upgrade Required
                              TSGal

paul20:

I received your file.  Thank you.

Can you email me the full access password so I can enter the file other than a guest?  It has a startup script "Login Routine" that is being called.

TSGal
                              FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: FileMaker Upgrade Required
                                TSGal

paul20:

I received the password.  Thank you.

The first step the script checks is the application version.  If the numeric result is less than 9, then it won't allow you to use it.  Make sure you are running FileMaker Pro 9 or later.  I checked this with FileMaker Pro 10 and FileMaker Pro 11, and it works correctly.  I have modified the script so it bypasses this check and it is being sent back to you.

TSGal
                                FileMaker, Inc.

• 13. Re: FileMaker Upgrade Required
                                  paul20

File received and confirming it works fine on iPhone with FileMaker Go - Thank you for your excellent support. -Paul W