1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 2, 2013 1:20 PM by philmodjunk

Files not being found even when running on my iPad...

thomasfilemaker

Title

Files not being found even when running on my iPad...

Anyone have any advice on why files that are loaded on my iOS devices are not being found?  i.e. when I load a group of database files that work fine on my laptop/desktop, the ipad and iphone platforms, state they either cannot find or cannot open the files, even though they are already open, and loaded.    Some scipts cannot run; when run, I get a message that the database file cannot be found, a window opens uo to locate the file, I find the file in the list, click it, but still get the same message stating, the file cannot be found, even though the file is open and running,....

I have tried to correct the file paths on the desptop, and reload them, but still get the same problem, over and over.

• 1. Re: Files not being found even when running on my iPad...
          philmodjunk

I'm wrestling with the same thing as I want a hosted file to use an External Data Source reference to correctly link to a local file on the iOS device. Once I manually find and select the file, it works, but not until then...

I can tell that it is due to the file structure on the two machines being different. If I find the right string to use for this--apparently a relative path reference doesn't cut it in my case, I'll try to let you know.

Perhaps another user already has this info and can share?