7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2017 7:27 AM by halaeliya

FM 13 Go Crash/Quit

ZacharyHutchinson

Title

FM 13 Go Crash/Quit

Using FM13 Go on iPad Air 2, accessing a smallish db running on an FM 12 server....

At random FM13 Go just quits. I hesitate to call it a crash. I can't find any FM crash logs if I sync the ipad. The whole app just closes without message or anything. It will start right back up and you can continue. I cannot reproduce it, but if you use it for several hours, you might experience a crash 1-3 times. I have seen it happen with button pushes and accessing fields. I cannot say I have seen it happen if the app is just sitting idle.

I have search the web and this site but have not found any pointers. I would appreciate some insight if there is any to be had. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: FM 13 Go Crash/Quit
          ZacharyHutchinson

Scratch the...didn't find any pointers comment. I see the other thread about crashing in iOS 8.2.

• 2. Re: FM 13 Go Crash/Quit
            TSGal

Zachary Hutchinson:

Thank you for your posts.

If FileMaker Go is quitting and returning to the iPad home page, then FileMaker Go is crashing, and Testing and Development would want to see your solution to determine why it is crashing.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send a clone of your database file.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: FM 13 Go Crash/Quit
              AppGuy

Also If you updated to 13.0.9.. check this article out..  http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14358

• 4. Re: FM 13 Go Crash/Quit
                ZacharyHutchinson

JP:
                Using 13.0.8 FM Go. Thanks for the link.

TSGal:
                The db is still in development. This is our first round of testing. I can send the file, but I'll have to strip out all the data. I'm not sure it will matter. I was seeing crashes before I ever imported any real records for testing.

• 5. Re: FM 13 Go Crash/Quit
                  j.hall

I am seeing similar issues here with the iPod Touch. We have two of them that we are using to do inventory. At first, only one was crashing, now both of them are crashing. Basically it's scanning a barcode for a number and putting that in a field. And then every so often (Doesn't seem to be at a predictable time or frequency) it just crashes. The server sees the iPod as "No longer responding" and closing the connection. it seems that the data that it was doing when it crashed is there. But I can't seem to explain this. Has been doing it for awhile and even after just updating to 8.3 and 13.09. (Server is 13.09 as well)

• 6. Re: FM 13 Go Crash/Quit
                    TSGal

J. Hall:

Thank you for your post.

How often do the crashes occur?  Approximately, how long has FileMaker Go been running prior to the crash?  Does FileMaker Go only crash when scanning a barcode?  What type of barcodes are being scanned?  Do all users have an iPod touch?  For those customers who don't have an iPod touch, do they crash?  Do you notice if the crashes occur around a time when a server schedule (like a backup) is occurring?

Any other information or observations you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
                    FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: FM 13 Go Crash/Quit
                      halaeliya

TSGal,

We are having the same issue here, the app exits and goes back to the home screen, we are using iPad Air and FileMaker 13. The app is usually on for hours but the crash happens randomly, but most users said it happens when they are typing in a field.

Any idea what is going on and how to fix it??

Thanks