2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2014 4:34 PM by rgordon

FM Go 12 freezes, saying "Loading" when a container photo is selected

bhedges

Title

FM Go 12 freezes, saying "Loading" when a container photo is selected

It used to work, and I have NO idea what I might have changed to cause this.  Photos have been taken, and stored in embedded container fields in the last day.  These are displayed on a layout in reduced size.  In the past, all I had to do was click on that small image and a full-sized image would appear.  No longer.  It now freezes, saying "Loading", and will not unfreeze even after as long as 15 minutes.

What might be causing this?  It used to work just fine.

• 1. Re: FM Go 12 freezes, saying "Loading" when a container photo is selected
          TSGal

Bob Hedges:

Thank you for your post.

Since this used to work and now it fails, something has obviously changed.  Let's first consider the database file.  Try creating a new database file with a similar sized Container field, add some records and embed some photos.  Do these images display at full size or does FileMaker Go crash?  If the images display at full size, then we can focus on the original file.  If FileMaker Go crashes, then perhaps the application has become corrupt.  Before replacing FileMaker Go, exit out of all applications, and reboot the iOS device.  Then, go back into FileMaker Go and try again.  Assuming you are still getting a crash, connect your iOS device to your desktop computer, launch iTunes, select your device, click the Apps tab, select FileMaker Go, and move off all files on the iOS device to the Desktop.  Remove FileMaker Go, and move over a fresh copy onto your iOS device.  Then, move the files from the Desktop back onto the iOS device.  Launch FileMaker Go and see if you can reproduce the problem.

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM Go 12 freezes, saying "Loading" when a container photo is selected
            rgordon

Bob, before spending to much time trouble shooting this issue, power down the iPad and restart it to see if that solves the problem. FMGO is starting to have to many problems that require a restart to solve the problem.