7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2014 8:34 AM by user14040

FM Go 13 Email Turns PDFs into Images on Ipad

user14040

Title

FM Go 13 Email Turns PDFs into Images on Ipad

I am using a script that I used with Filemaker 12 to send emails as PDF on iphone and Ipad.  After updating to Filemaker 13 the emails are now images on the Ipad but PDF on the Iphone. 

I did several test

I send emails with my iphone using FMGO 13 and the emails displayed as PDF on the Ipad, Iphone and Desktop.

I send emails with my Ipad using FMGO 13 and the emails displayed as images on the ipad, iphone and Desktop (the image would not display nor could I open it on desktop.

Can someone tell me what to do?

• 1. Re: FM Go 13 Email Turns PDFs into Images on Ipad
          TSGal

Larry Williams:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  Here is my script:

Save Records as PDF [ Restore ; No dialog ; "TEST.pdf" ; Records being browsed ]
               Set Variable [ $PDFpath ; "file:" & Get ( DocumentsPath ) & "TEST.pdf" ]
               Send Mail [ Send via E-mail Client ; No dialog ; To: <my email address on iPad> ; "$PDFpath" ]

-----

I access this file remotely from my iPad (iPad 3 - iOS 7.0.4) and execute the script.  The attachment is TEST.pdf, and once the message is delivered into my Inbox, I am able to tap the PDF file and it opens.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM Go 13 Email Turns PDFs into Images on Ipad
            user14040

Attached  is the script I am using. I will try the one you posted but can you look at the attached and see if something is missing to use it on the ipad.

I have a lot of scripts using a similar script through out my application

thanks 

• 3. Re: FM Go 13 Email Turns PDFs into Images on Ipad
              TSGal

Larry Williams:

The only difference I see is the PDF is saving the current record.  When I change this to current record and one page, Mail will display the one page PDF file as an image before sending, but after I send it, I can download it and display it in Chrome, and it loads the PDF file as an external file.  Perhaps this is what you meant?

Regardless, from the Mac, if I access the same email account as the iPad, the image of the PDF file is displayed, where I can then drag it to the Desktop and the PDF file is saved.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FM Go 13 Email Turns PDFs into Images on Ipad
                user14040

Hi

Here is a video of what I am talking about, I emailed the file to someone else and it does not display at all on Desktop and only as an image on iphone and Ipad.

it works fine if I use my Iphone, the attachment of the pdf works

here is the video link on my dropbox account

https://db.tt/gKDQX6l8

Thanks

• 5. Re: FM Go 13 Email Turns PDFs into Images on Ipad
                  TSGal

Larry Williams:

Thanks for the video.  I am still unable to replicate the issue.  The image below is how it displays on my iPad 3 (iOS 7.0.4) after I tap the one page PDF.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: FM Go 13 Email Turns PDFs into Images on Ipad
                    user14040

Thanks for the image

I used the script you posted and I am getting the same thing instead of pdf its an image.

I am using Ipad Mini (Not-Retina) ISO 7.0.4

Tomorrow I will try on a Ipad 3 to see if it will work for me, even though I can image why it would work on Ipad 3 and not Ipad Mini.

I will post the results

thanks again

L

• 7. Re: FM Go 13 Email Turns PDFs into Images on Ipad
                      user14040

I checked on Ipad 3 and the PDF email worked fine, I  checked the email on my Ipad mini and the PDF was OK

Only when I send a pdf email from my Ipad Mini the pdf is sent as an image.

Larry