7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 5:47 PM by NelsonSantosNSR

FM Go Application Icon

NelsonSantosNSR

Title

FM Go Application Icon

Is there any way to create an icon on FileMaker Go to open an application without going thru the list of applications?  This is a more practical way to create specific applications for the iPad or iPhone.

Thanks in advance,

Nelson Santos

PalmPC Solutions, Corp.

• 1. Re: FM Go Application Icon
          TSGal

Nelson Santos NSR:

Thank you for your post.

The "Send Event" script step will allow you to send an Apple event to another application, but it will not work with FileMaker Go.  However, I'm a little confused by the second statement as it doesn't appear to match the first half.  Can you provide a bit more detail what you are trying to accomplish?

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM Go Application Icon
            NelsonSantosNSR

Hi TSGal,

My question is regarding FileMaker Go.  Instead of going thru the procedure of pressing the FileMaker Go icon, then select Files on Device menu and then the application opens.  Won't be nice to be able to open right from within all the iPad applications interface.

Thanks,

Nelson

• 3. Re: FM Go Application Icon
              TSGal

Nelson Santos NSR:

Thank you for the clarification.

One of our Support Technicians found a way to put a bookmark to the home screen on the iPhone/iPad.

Create an HTML file with a redirect to the file, and then save that to the Home Screen.  That is, include the following meta tag in the Head of the HTML file:

<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=fmp7://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/untitled">

Where "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" is the IP address of where the file is located.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FM Go Application Icon
                MichaelManousos

TSGal,

could you explain a little bit more?

Let's say i have a file called logbook stored locally in the device....  what ip should i use (for local file) and how do i put the html file in the ipad or iphone? 

• 5. Re: FM Go Application Icon
                  TSGal

Michael Manousos:

Thank you for your post.

This doesn't appear to work for local files.  I can only make it work for hosted files.  Use any text editing program to create the HTML file.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: FM Go Application Icon
                    djusmin

Go to App store buy an app call touch icon creator use the URL to create the icon and in URL enter "fmp7script://~/youfilenamehere.fp7" (replace ~ with ip address for remote file) create and save the icon as home page you are all set to open filemaker local or remote file as an iphone/ipad app icon.

This would be a very good feature to have for new version of filemakergo

• 7. Re: FM Go Application Icon
                      NelsonSantosNSR

Just wanted to say thanks.  Even though, we expect something more promising by FileMaker regarding the creation of an icon for FM Go,

this seems to work very good.  The app is only .99 cents and it does a nice job opening FM Go without actually opening FMGo.

For the price, it even opens local files in FM Go. 

Thanks again,

Nelson