7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 3:07 PM by bigtom

FM Go Crashing

bigtom

Title

FM Go Crashing

I have a button that performs a script to scan a QR code and perform a find.

The thing work great but about one in four scans a green square shows up on the screen. When this happens it will not scan then FMGo crashes. Without fail it is the green square of death. Device is on 13.0.4.

Script is

Insert from Device[Tablename::Fieldname; Type: Bar Code; Camera: Back; Resolution: Large]

In the script setup only QR Code is checked for the barcode type. Same thing happens with all resolution settings. iPhone crashes more often than iPad. iPad is more stable and you can tap Cancel to return to the layout. Tapping Cancel on iPhone crashes on tap.

Any advice is appreciated. I thought this feature should be pretty solid, but it is back to CNS for now. I am not sure how to troubleshoot iOS issues

FYI, you can take a picture of taking a picture in iOS. I had no idea.

This only seems to happen with QR Code.

...also posted on TechNet

photo.PNG

• 1. Re: FM Go Crashing
          bigtom

The green  square seems to be connected to iOS face recognition.

• 2. Re: FM Go Crashing
            TSGal

Tom Oathoudt:

Thank you for your post.

A customer recently reported that if the camera is already pointing at a QR Code prior to the Insert from Device script step executes, the iOS device will beep, the QR Code will not scan, and in most cases, FileMaker Go will quit and return back to the iOS home screen.  If the camera is pointed away from the QR Code, the camera is made available by Insert from Device, and then point the camera at the QR Code, it will then work.  I was able to replicate this issue fairly consistently.  See the related post at:

Insert From Device Fails

Assuming this is the same issue, I have attached your post to the original report.  When move information becomes available from Development and/or Testing, I will let you know.  If this is not the same issue, please let me know.  

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: FM Go Crashing
              bigtom

Is there any news on a fix for the QR code scanning? It has been a couple months.

My users still need to install CNS Barcode with Go13 to scan QRs without trouble. The problem was known in 13.03 and we made it to 13.04 without a fix? I am not sure how other app developers can get this to work but FileMaker cannot.

• 4. Re: FM Go Crashing
                TSGal

Tom Oathoudt:

There is not additional information at this time.  The only workaround is to not point to the QR Code prior to scanning.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: FM Go Crashing
                  magmachamber

We are also waiting for a fix to this issue.   Thanks.

• 6. Re: FM Go Crashing
                    TSGal

John Ferguson:

Thank you for your post.

I have added your comments to the original report.

TSGal
                         FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: FM Go Crashing
                      bigtom

We hope FileMaker is making this a priority. The workaround is not acceptable for production work and we still use a plugin for scanning which is slower than native scanning, but native scanning crashes the app.