3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2011 1:30 PM by TSGal

FM Go create Find Script with Available Menu Commands set to editing only

jetblack

Title

FM Go create Find Script with Available Menu Commands set to editing only

I am trying to limit all menu commands, but when I due FM Go doesn't allow the user to complete a find script. Has anyone have a work around or ideas?

• 1. Re: FM Go create Find Script with Available Menu Commands set to editing only
          TSGal

Suples:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem.  This is what I have done.

I created a script with the following:

Go to Layout [ "Test" ( Test) ]
          Install Menu Set ( "Minimal" )
          Enter Find Mode []
          Set Field [ Test::Field1 ; "=" ]
          Omit Record
          Perform Find []

I set the script to run with full access privileges.

I created an account "TSGal" with a limited privilege set with Layouts set to View only, Scripts set to all executable, and Field1 set to "Yes" for View and Edit.

I then run the script on FileMaker Go without any problem.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate your problem.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM Go create Find Script with Available Menu Commands set to editing only
            jetblack

TSGal,

Thank you for responding to this issue.  To replicate the problem, go to---

>>File >>Manage >>Security >>Privilege Sets

Create new Privilege Set with

Edit Privilege Set

Available menu command: "Editing only"

Desktop version have no problems, but with the Ipad so far found only script having issue is Find. If I set the Available menu command: All or Minimum, then New Record, ect is available. Problem being with multiple Accounts, menu command available, creating new records to appropriate franchisee will not be assigned.

FYI ---

Data Access and Design >>Records >>Custom privileges... view, edit, and delete record with calulation: Get ( CurrentPrivilegeSetName )="admin" or Account=Get ( AccountName )

and

Data Access and Design >>Layouts >>Custom privileges... view, edit,  and delete record with calulation: Get ( CurrentPrivilegeSetName  )="admin" or Account=Get ( AccountName )

Appreciate your help : )

• 3. Re: FM Go create Find Script with Available Menu Commands set to editing only
              TSGal

Suples:

I also received your private message.

I still cannot replicate the problem.

I created a new Privilege Set and named it "Edit Privilege Set".  I set the Available menu command to "Editing only".  I run the same script as above and it performs the Find without incident.

There is no need for me to set a calculation for view, edit, and delete because I know the privilege set itself doesn't allow it.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.