2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2013 12:10 PM by vickyn

FM GO for iPad sends a standalone file just fine but iPhone "can't find file" to send

vickyn

Title

FM GO for iPad sends a standalone file just fine but iPhone "can't find file" to send

Hello, all:

I've developed a system where a small FM database file is sent to the iPad device through email to be used on the device in standalone mode through FM Go. Once the record fields are filled out, the user sends the file back as a database file attached to an email. Everything works great.

I am testing the same process on the iPhone. Everything is the same as on the iPad until I try to send the file back. With the database file open, I'm using the Save/Send function (under the gear icon at upper right), which then goes to the Save/Send dialog. I tap Database, and the name of the database file (with "Copy1" added to the name) appears. The Email and Save buttons are both enabled. If I tap Email (the way I do on the iPad), the following error message appears:

"Error   The file"?" could not be opened. (Not Found)" 

If I Save the file to the local device, open it, and then try to email it, the same thing happens. What's different about the iPhone version of FileMaker Go that's causing it to not see a file that's already on the device and open?

Vicky