2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2011 2:09 PM by philmodjunk

FM Go Get Signature Locking Issues

KimberlyMadore

Title

FM Go Get Signature Locking Issues

I'm playing with making a small database for my ipod touch and I have some container fields that I want the user to be able to edit and some container fields that I want to be locked/display only for the user.

I have a 1-record table that contains several global fields.  Some of these global fields are container fileds.  I'm using container fields to hold icons (1 container field stores an icon, then a global container field auto fills with the stored icon and the global container field is placed on various layouts.  That way, if I decide to change an icon image, I can do it in one place for all layouts to update).  The global container fields for the icons should not be editable by any user.

When I brought my database to my ipod, every time I entered a layout it would put me into the global container field for an icon and allow me to replace the image.  Unchecking "browse mode" on these fields on the layouts did not help, so I set up a user login account with security settings that did not allow modifying the icon global fields.  That stopped the constant triggering on the container fields.

However, that seems to have stopped the triggering on container fields that I do want the user to edit.  I have one global container field that I want to capture a signature and apply it to a list of records.  I find I am unable to trigger the "get signature" option by clicking into the global or the non-global container fields for the signatures.  I'm able to add a signature if I login as the admin, but if I login as the user, the field is locked.  The global field for the signature is set to modifieable for the user account. 

Any ideas?  I haven't found anyone else posting an issue like this, so I'm hoping it really is just something I'm doing wrong.

• 1. Re: FM Go Get Signature Locking Issues
          KimberlyMadore

Update so far:

For the first issue (FM Go allowing me to edit container fields that had been marked to notbe editable by browse mode): I realized I had not set tab orders on my layouts. Once I set tab orders and omitted any of my graphic container fields, that part works much better and it keeps me from editing those fields.

Still an issue:   I'd ideally like to have the user's account not able to edit layouts, scripts, and schema, however in making this restricted account I have managerd to lock the ability to edit the container field with a signature.  Adding a signature is more important that limiting access, so for no I'll just give the account "Full Access", but if anyone knows what setting I must leave open for the "get Signature" to work, I'd still be interested in the info.

• 2. Re: FM Go Get Signature Locking Issues
            philmodjunk

In FM GO, users cannot edit layouts, scripts and schema anyway. Wink