4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 7:07 AM by AppGuy

FM Go Value List shrink by typing filter

AppGuy

Title

FM Go Value List shrink by typing filter

I have a field "sop" that has a drop down list on it right now.  (It does not matter if this changes to get the end result.) :)

What I am looking to do is when the user starts typing in the field to use an autocomplete feature. ( or something that works like it.)

All the other examples that are out there are for search fields and displaying the results into a portal or another field.. unfortunately this is not what I'm looking to do..

I have a Value list that is already imported into the table called "sop::Title".  So when the user types into the main field they are entering data into a field called "portal::sop" I am looking to pull the list from the "sop::title" field.   This feature is working great.. no problem. The whole list shows up no problem..

What I would also like to happen is when the user types in the "portal::sop" field "T"   everything with "T" in the "sop::title" list comes up...  and so on..

I am assuming we can do this with script triggers I just don't know were to start..??  Any help would be greatly appriciated.

FYI.. This works on the MAC.. just not in Go..