AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM Go Value List shrink by typing filter

Question asked by AppGuy on Jun 12, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 by AppGuy

Title

FM Go Value List shrink by typing filter

I have a field "sop" that has a drop down list on it right now.  (It does not matter if this changes to get the end result.) :)

What I am looking to do is when the user starts typing in the field to use an autocomplete feature. ( or something that works like it.)

All the other examples that are out there are for search fields and displaying the results into a portal or another field.. unfortunately this is not what I'm looking to do..

I have a Value list that is already imported into the table called "sop::Title".  So when the user types into the main field they are entering data into a field called "portal::sop" I am looking to pull the list from the "sop::title" field.   This feature is working great.. no problem. The whole list shows up no problem..

What I would also like to happen is when the user types in the "portal::sop" field "T"   everything with "T" in the "sop::title" list comes up...  and so on..

I am assuming we can do this with script triggers I just don't know were to start..??  Any help would be greatly appriciated.

FYI.. This works on the MAC.. just not in Go..

Outcomes