Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done:
1. I created a text field named "Red"
2. In Layout mode, I selected the Name field, pulled down the Format menu and selected "Conditional..."
3. I clicked "Add" to add a new condition.
4. I changed the Condition popup from "Value is" to "Formula is"
5. For the formula, I entered Red = 1
6. I set the Text Color to Red
7. I clicked OK to save the changes.
8. In Browse Mode, I entered "TSGal" into the Name field. It displays in Black. I then enter "1" into Red. "TSGal" now appears in red.
9. I moved this over to FileMaker Go, and the information also changes between red and black depending on the value in "Red".
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate the issue here.