1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2013 12:56 PM by TSGal

FM Go: Delay Coloring a Tab Heading with Conditional

ScottBleackley

Title

This one just has me a little puzzled.

Select a Tab heading | Format Menu | Condition | Create a new rule based on the boolean value of another field and turn the text blue if it is true and another condition to return it to black if it is not.

Seems simple but the problem is this.  It does not alway happen right away.  I display the calculated field which it is referenced and it immediatly changes form 1 to 0 as its dependent variables change, but the color of the tab heading does not always change immediately.  Sometimes it does and sometimes after some time I notice that it has changed.

So I am quite puzzled, must be something very simple that I am missing.  Changes nicely when I trigger on manually entered data field.  

Any suggestions are most welcome,

thank you

• 1. Re: FM Go: Delay Coloring a Tab Heading with Conditional
          TSGal

Scott Bleackley:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. I created a text field named "Red"

2. In Layout mode, I selected the Name field, pulled down the Format menu and selected "Conditional..."

3. I clicked "Add" to add a new condition.

4. I changed the Condition popup from "Value is" to "Formula is"

5. For the formula, I entered Red = 1

6. I set the Text Color to Red

7. I clicked OK to save the changes.

8. In Browse Mode, I entered "TSGal" into the Name field.  It displays in Black.  I then enter "1" into Red.  "TSGal" now appears in red.

9. I moved this over to FileMaker Go, and the information also changes between red and black depending on the value in "Red".

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate the issue here.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.