I had a similar problem, and it seemed I was able to solve it by trial and error. The similarity is that I could see the Local Hosts but could not see the expected database files. This lead me to believe that the getting of the 'hosts' list uses a somewhat different method than obtaining the files. In my case I solved it (or it solved itself) by forgetting the network on the iPad and iPhone, then reconnecting as a new network using DHCP.
Full details of my trials and tribulations can be seen in the thread linked below. Please let me know if this helps, and I'd be interested to hear from others who might have figured out more about it.
Hi Troy, thanks for your feedback, I did look at your post but my setup is a lot easier than that. As I explained my ports etc seem to be open due to the fact that I can open the database via FMP but just not FMGo
But I have managed to figure out my/the issue.
All I had to do was NOT to have this option ticked! See image bellow...