2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2013 10:51 AM by aspectmedia

FMGo Security - Menus

aspectmedia

Title

FMGo Security - Menus

Thanks in advance for reading this post.

I am hosting a databse for a client and cannot b=get the user menus right. I would like to give a user set all the menus (including print) EXCEPT for the ability to Save a Copy As. I can't seem to get his set correctly. I have the "Allow Printing" checked in  the Privilege Set window, but I still do not get the Print or PDF option when logged in via FMGO as that user; only as the full access.

How can I give the users printing capabilities without giving them the ability to copy the databse (software)?

• 1. Re: FMGo Security - Menus
          TSGal

Bonzai:

Thank you for your post.

Go into Tools -> Custom Menus...   In the "Manage Custom Menus" window, click "Create..." to create a new menu set, and name it "TEST".  Click the "Add" button and copy over the first 11 options (through "Help Copy").  Doiuble-click on "File Copy", scroll down to "Save a Copy As...", select it, and delete it.  No other changes need to be made.

Next, go into File -> Manage -> Security.  Select the account you want to assign this menu command to, and make sure you have all the desired on the left side, and on the right side, make sure you have the checkbox for "Allow printing" checked.

Make sure your login script opens this menu set.  You will now see Print enabled with Export grayed out.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMGo Security - Menus
            aspectmedia

It's always that ONE LAST STEP. Thank you so much!