AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMGo: Sort on portal does not maintain current record during data entry

Question asked by ScottBleackley on Mar 26, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2015 by schamblee

Title

In Summary entering data in a sorted portal where the portal is sorted on an entry field
could result in data being entered into the wrong record because the active record appears
to default to the last record instead of remaining with active record that was sorted.

Any suggestions on how to mitigate this behaviour would be most welcome.

For example

• Have a portal specified to sort on field a
• portal contains fields a b & c for data entry
• after an entry in field a which causes the current record to be sorted to the top 
    * the cursor  ends up in field b of the last record in the portal

The other option of course would be to pend the sort till all of the data in the portal row is collected.

Additional Thoughts:

I thought that the entry in field a was triggering the sort, but in my case at least the sort is not triggered till data is entered in field b... go figure.  So not sure what exactly is trigging the sort in the portal or how from a script point of view to know when the sort is happening so I can do something about it.

There also appears to be some serious issues of discrepancy between behaviour in FMGo and FMPro 13 mac with regards to goto field within a portal.  What works perfectly on the Mac ends up a field ahead on FMGo and efforts to mitigate this in scripts tends to mess up keyboard deployment and closure, and auto next field processes.  Sometimes it is easier to just goto field before knowing that FMGo will add a next field.

Thank you

Outcomes