1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 5, 2013 11:01 AM by TSGal

FMP11: Send Mail Script Step - Cannot enter FileMaker when E-mail Message is Open

JackyLin

Title

FMP11: Send Mail Script Step - Cannot enter FileMaker when E-mail Message is Open

Dear FM forum folks,

First post here. I've used the keyword "Send Mail" and looked through a few results, but didn't come across one that'd address my issue. I was hoping someone would tell me if this is possible.

My company requires the Customer Service Representatives to send out quotes to clients. The "Send Mail" script step itself works as intended but with one drawback: you cannot click on any window in FileMaker until you either exit or send the e-mail. This troubles our CSRs as in addition to the auto-populated information in the e-mail, they often need to enter other information such as a personalized message. Or many times they need to go back in FileMaker ot look at the quote details to make sure they are entering in the correct information. What end up having to do is exit out of the e-mail to check on the stuff and go back to print again. 

99% of us here run on Windows 7 and we use MS Outlook 2010 as our e-mail client. 

Would anyone know that if it's possible to be able to go back into FileMaker without having to exit or send the e-mail opened up by the "Send Mail" script step?

Advanced appreciation,

-Jacky