4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2012 4:12 PM by EP

Fmreauthenticate10080, but still need to login

EP

Title

Fmreauthenticate10080, but still need to login

I set fmreathenticate to 10080, however I keep having to login every 10 or so minutes.  I get the error message illustrated in the attached pic.  Any suggestions how to ffix this?

Thanks.

image.jpg

• 1. Re: Fmreauthenticate10080, but still need to login
          TSGal

E P:

Thank you for your post.

This error message is sent by the file being hosted; not by FileMaker Pro.  If the file is being hosted by FileMaker Server, then you can set the Idle time.  From your description, this appears to be set at 10 minutes.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Fmreauthenticate10080, but still need to login
            EP

Thanks. Today I received the error again while out on mobile networks (ipad with LTE) 4 hours after I initially logged on, so 10 minutes from my original post is inaccurate.  I don't have an idle time set on the server (it is unchecked), as well as the file's privilege sets.  I think the mobile network might be causing this?

• 3. Re: Fmreauthenticate10080, but still need to login
              TSGal

E P:

The main point is FileMaker Go has lost contact with the host.  This error is definitely related to the network connection, so it could be on the iOS device or on the host machine.  If other FileMaker Pro guests are continually able to access the file, then you are probably looking at a network issue on your iOS device.  If other FileMaker Pro guests also have the issue, then start looking at the network on the host machine.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Fmreauthenticate10080, but still need to login
                EP

Ya. I'm pretty sure it's the nature of being on a mobile network.  Too bad there isn't an option to store credentials and autologin like other ios apps.