4 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2015 7:58 AM by TSGal

Freeze Window Not Working in FM Go 13

hncwilson

Title

Freeze Window Not Working in FM Go 13

I'm having an issue where a script that uses the Freeze Window script step isn't freezing on FM Go 13 (iPad).  The script is set to freeze, go to layout, show custom dialog, go to original layout, and you can see the layout change in the background.  It works fine in FM Pro on both Mac and Windows, just not iOS.  I saw where this was an issue in FM Go 12, but I haven't seen anything about it with 13 (or if it was ever resolved in 12).  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Heather

• 1. Re: Freeze Window Not Working in FM Go 13
          TSGal

Heather Wilson:

Thank you for your post.

Our Development and Testing departments are already aware of this issue.  I have attached your post to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

As a workaround, create a blank layout, and in your script, check to see if Get (ApplicationVersion) contains "Go", and if so, switch to the blank layout.  Else (not "Go") switch to your original second layout.  This way, the blank layout will show when accessed by FileMaker Go.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Freeze Window Not Working in FM Go 13
            philmodjunk

You could also show the custom dialog first, then change layouts. If you are collecting data in input fields and need to change layouts in order to access fields in the table of the other layout, you might be able to use global fields in your dialog and have your script transfer the data to the appropriate fields after the dialog is closed.

• 3. Re: Freeze Window Not Working in FM Go 13
              hncwilson

Thanks for both your responses.

I ended up going with moving the change layout step down below the custom dialogs because it needs to go to other layout to print.

Thanks again!

• 4. Re: Freeze Window Not Working in FM Go 13
                TSGal

Heather Wilson:

This issue has been fixed in FileMaker Pro 14.0.1.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.