1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 12, 2012 10:18 AM by TSGal

Go 12 documentation?

GeorgeSwank

Title

Go 12 documentation?

Today I updated to FileMaker 12 and FileMaker Go 12 for both iPhone and iPad. I'm trying to use the Meetings template. It's not as intuitive as I expected, so I'm having some trouble using it efficiently. Also, the data file gets to my iPhone via Dropbox just fine, but it's not working on my iPad. All that opens is a file containing one blank record.

So...my question is this: is there some user documentation available to help me understand how to use Meetings?

• 1. Re: Go 12 documentation?
          TSGal

George Swank:

Thank you for your post.

The Meetings template has no documentation.  It is a "Starter Solution" giving you a starting point.  You can go into Layout mode, make any changes, look at the scripts, etc.  In other words, customize it any way you want.

Instead of Dropbox on the iPad, move the file via iTunes.  That is, connect your iPad to your Desktop computer, launch iTunes, select your iPad under DEVICES in the left pane, click the "Apps" tab in the right pane, click FileMaker Go under Apps at the bottom, and move the file into the Documents section.  This will then copy the file to the iPad where you can then launch FileMaker Go and acccess the file.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.