3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2013 5:04 PM by DomMolloy_1

Go To Object Challenge

DomMolloy_1

Title

Go To Object Challenge

I have a layout with only one enterable field/dropdown. Everything else on the screen is a navigation button. A script figures out that the enterable field has changed, updates a field with the new value and commits the record. It then executes a Go To Object script step to one of the navigations buttons. The focus always ends back on the enterable field which makes sense. But I really want to get the focus away from that field so the drop down window disappears. Ideas?  

• 1. Re: Go To Object Challenge
          TSGal

Don Molloy:

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like you have a OnObjectExit script trigger, as this would execute before the tab completes, and therefore leaves you at the enterable field again.  At the end of your script, include the script step "Halt Script".  This will cancel the following tab.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Go To Object Challenge
            philmodjunk

You should also be able to fix this by removing the field from the tab order for this layout. And if there is no tab order, commit records will also remove the focus from the drop down list and yet keep the focus from automatically returning to this field and thus deploying the list all over again.

• 3. Re: Go To Object Challenge
              DomMolloy_1

The first suggestion worked. The second from Phil dod not seem to change anything. Either way -thanks!