2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2011 2:17 PM by higleyjp

Go to Portal Row script step doesn't update display.

higleyjp

Title

Go to Portal Row script step doesn't update display.

It seems like the Go to Portal Row script step selects the appropriate row in a portal, but doesn't update the display so that this row is visible in a scrolling portal.  Am I doing something wrong, or is there a workaround for this issue?

• 1. Re: Go to Portal Row script step doesn't update display.
          TSGal

Justin H:

Thank you for your post.

Our Development and Testing departments are aware of this issue, as it was originally reported on the forum at:

Portal Scrolling Revisited

In essence, if "Show vertical scroll bar" is enabled, and you have a Go To Portal Row that accesses a record out of view, the portal will not update.  However, the portal row is active, even though it is not displayed.

After just testing this out again, I find that once the Portal Row is selected, I issue a Go To Field script step that references one of the fields in the portal.  The screen then displays the portal, but it does leave you in Edit Mode.  If I follow this up with another Go To Portal Row, the portal row is then selected.

Obviously, this is not the ideal solution, but it should work until an update is released that fixes this.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Go to Portal Row script step doesn't update display.
            higleyjp

TSGal,

Thanks for your help.

I  just wanted to note that in order to leave Edit Mode, "Select entire contents" must be selected in the Go To Portal Row script steps.

Thanks again!

-Justin