2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 2:49 PM by TSGal

GoTo Field Goes to next field in FMGo, but operates correctly FM12 OSX

ScottBleackley

Title

I have a single layout with several tabs

In each tab I have a portal

I need to continue data entry for a single record from one tab to the next so  Trigger: OnSave for the last field in the tab and Go to Field, in the portal to the same table displayed in the next tab.

On FM12 pro advanced 12.0 v3 on OSX 10.8.2 everything works as it should.  Move file to iPad with FMgo and each Go to Field moves to the next tab but places the entry point at the next field after the one it should be.  I would expect FMgo and FMpro to exibit the same behavior in this regard.  They do not. 

I have also cleaned up the tab order just in case that was part of the issue, no change in behavior.

I suspect this behavior is a result of a secondary side effect because I think it did work correctly at one point on the iPad.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

• 1. Re: GoTo Field Goes to next field in FMGo, but operates correctly FM12 OSX
          TSGal

Scott Bleackley:

Thank you for your post.

Let me know your exact script steps so I can replicate the issue.  If you have a clone of the file I can use, even better.  If you want to go that route, check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send a sample file.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: GoTo Field Goes to next field in FMGo, but operates correctly FM12 OSX
            TSGal

Scott Bleackley:

I received your files.  Thank you.

The second file needs to select the portal and then select the field.  Since you are using OnObjectExit, the script runs before the action, so the tab continues afterwards.  That is why the cursor goes to the first field.  Include a Halt Script  step in the script to nullify the tab. 

The same applies to the third file.

I have forwarded the two files to our Technical Support contact, so you should receive the files shortly.  If you do not receive the files within one hour, please let me know, and I'll make sure the files are sent to you immediately.

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.