4 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2013 3:20 PM by TSGal

GPS not working everytime.??

AppGuy

Title

GPS not working everytime.??

I have the LocationValue getting the GPS location every time a new record is created, however it seems only work sporadically.

I can't narrow it down right now.

Just wondering if this is a FM Go issue ??

JP

• 1. Re: GPS not working everytime.??
          AppGuy
          /files/0f842806a2/Screen_Shot_2013-05-06_at_10.51.09_AM.png 344x134
          • 2. Re: GPS not working everytime.??
            TSGal

Jason Larson:

Thank you for your post.

In your setting, if a location cannot be determined within 10 seconds, the field will be updated with a null result.  Therefore, you may want to check to see if a value exists after 10 seconds, and if not, either put up a dialog box or put inside a loop until a result is captured.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: GPS not working everytime.??
              AppGuy

I put it inside a loop but still not working 100% all the time..  hmmm... any other suggestions?

Again if I put a button and have them click it.. no problem...

We are trying to automate as much as we can.  

• 4. Re: GPS not working everytime.??
                TSGal

Jason Larson:

The loop you have will never exit until a value is entered into GPS_Location.  This could put you in an infinite loop if you are not in range.  How about checking the variable for a value, and if no value after 10 seconds, give the option to try again or bypass.  Then, depending on your answer would also be criteria for exiting the loop.

If the button works 100%, then switch to a layout with only the button to execute the script.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.