1. Have a read of some of the KB Articles such as
There is also a techbrief for FM Go which details a lot of information, Im not sure if its only available to techtalk subscribers though.
Pixel width for landscape with the toolbar showing is 1024 X 673
2. Drop Box and other tools will not work as you expect.
When you open a file from dropbox, the file is copied into FM Go, so each time you open the file from dropbox it will be copied again. More info can be found in the following post by Christian Boyce :
Thanks SWS for the information on size. I drew a box 1024 x 673 px in FMA on my MPB put it in my drop box and opened it in FM Go and a) its off centre and b) only fills about 60% of the iPad screen.
Can you suggest a way ( apart from upgrade to FM Server ) that I can easily use the file on FM Go and it to automatically sync and update the master ?????
By the way SWS is not an acronym for Steve Savery is it ???
You can connect to FileMaker Pro as a client with GO also, it is not limited to FM Server.
Of course if you want to access the database from outside of the local network, you will need to setup either a VPN, have a static IP or use a dynamic IP service such as no-ip.org which constantly updates their servers with your host machines WAN IP Address.
Obviously this means you have to have a WIFI connection or 3G connection.
1) I have the same question but different equipment. MBPro w/Intel dualCore chip running 10.6.7, 1st gen iPad, FMPro 9 basic on the MBP, FMGo on the iPad (also have FMTouch, but that is a separate issue). I have a MobileMe account with iDisk. The wireless at work sis crappy, almost as slow as 3G.
I am quite willing to bypass direct file updating using a server and instead uploading the DB from my MBP to iDisk then downloading it from there to my iPad, adding & modifying data on that copy and uploading it back onto iDisk for later download to the MBP and updating the copy there.
2) I should not have to be asking this on this forum but "is there a "User's Guide to FMGo" anywhere? I find no printed information anywhere ie: a User's Guide. WTF? The "FMGo Guide" is worthless to me. It's written in TechnoGeek language and does not address my situation.
And finally, a meta-queston to this...
3) how does one post a new question to this forum? I see noting on this page allowing me to do so. My only option appears to be to respond to an existing thread.