8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 6:44 AM by TSGal

Hide Object (button) problem in Webdirect

pmehta91

Title

Hide Object (button) problem in Webdirect

Hi

I have a screen where users can select irish or uk to search on. This takes them to a menu where they can search and If UK is selected a button called search UK is shown, and vica versa. When a search is carried out the users can go to to more info of that particular company. This screen has a back to menu button, however when this is pressed, no buttons show on the menu button, this shouldn't be so. 

When the database is being used on Filemaker Pro, when the back to menu button is pressed, it takes users back to the menu, which will have the UK search buttons (if it was originally selected) and vica versa. 

There seems to no problem when selected in filemaker pro, just webdirect?

• 1. Re: Hide Object (button) problem in Webdirect
          TSGal

Parag Mehta:

Thank you for your post.

You have accidentally posted to the "Using FileMaker Go" board.  In the future, since this is a WebDirect issue, please post to either the "Report an issue" board or "Using FileMaker Server" board.

What is the calculation used for hiding the object?  Are there any other objects on the layout with a Hide Object When calculation?  If so, what are those calculations?

Is the object part of a group of objects?  If so, try ungrouping the objects and setting individual calculations.

As mentioned on page 40 of the FileMaker 13 WebDirect Guide, "If you apply button settings and a hidden condition to an object, apply the hidden condition last.  Otherwise, users may not be able to click objects located behind the object with button setting when that object is hidden."

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Hide Object (button) problem in Webdirect
            pmehta91

I have reviewed what you said and I am sure the way I have done it is correct - would it be possible to send you the file?

• 3. Re: Hide Object (button) problem in Webdirect
              TSGal

Parag Mehta:

Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Hide Object (button) problem in Webdirect
                TSGal

Parag Mehta:

I received your file.  Thank you.

I first noticed there is no place to exit the file.  Make sure you include an option to close the file in WebDirect.

Next, after selecting the option "United Kingdom Database", I click the "Go" button which executes the script "go".  This directs me to the "Search Page Partners" layout which has a number of buttons, some overlapping one another that all have Hide Object calculations.

For the Supplier Name button for UK, it executes the script "Search Name", and this is where the problem exists.  In essence, if no records are found, you return to the original layout, but since no records are active, the Hide Object formula cannot evaluate, so they will appear blank.  Therefore, you may want to insert "Show All Records" when returning to the previous menu.  Or capture the 

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Hide Object (button) problem in Webdirect
                  pmehta91

Hi I have carried out the script as you said but It is still the same. Maybe the show all records is in the wrong place? Script is attached, please advise, 

• 6. Re: Hide Object (button) problem in Webdirect
                    TSGal

Parag Mehta:

That should work fine.  However, after reviewing the calculation in the buttons and going through the records, I see there are a lot of records where those values are empty.  Therefore, the buttons will not show in FileMaker Pro (and hence, WebDirect).  Make sure there is a value for each record in either the "United Kingdom" or "Ireland" fields, but not both.  Then, the buttons will appear.

TSGal
                    FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Hide Object (button) problem in Webdirect
                      pmehta91

Ok thanks for that - also I have a on last window close webdirect script problem

The chekboxes turn blank when the database is closed on filemaker pro but this is not happening in webdirect? Is it because I have not created a close database button?

• 8. Re: Hide Object (button) problem in Webdirect
                        TSGal

Parag Mehta:

If you need the closing script to run, then make sure you have a button that closes the database file.

TSGal
                        FileMaker, Inc.