Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done:
1. I created a table with a Container field named "Signature".
2. In Manage -> Security, I created an account "test" with a Privilege set that allows to create and edit in all tables, view layouts and value lists, and execute scripts. The available menu commands are set to Minimum.
3. On the layout, I created a button "Hide" that executes the script step:
Show/Hide Toolbars [Hide]
4. I created another button "Signature" that executes the script step:
Insert from Device -> Specify target field "Signature" -> Insert from "Signature"
5. In Browse Mode, I created one record.
6. I closed the database file.
7. Using iTunes, I copied the file to the FileMaker Go work area of an iPad.
8. On the iPad, I launched FileMaker Go, opened the database file using the "test" account.
9. I tapped the button "Hide", and the Toolbar along the bottom disappears.
10. I tapped the button "Signature", and I am able to enter a signature. I click "Accept", and the signature appears in the "Signature" container field.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
Thank you for your reply.
My layout is similar to your steps. But I'm not getting your results.
I have a layout with a with a signature container and created an account called tra with the same Privilege set that allows to create and edit in all tables, view layouts and value lists, and execute scripts. The available menu commands are set to Minimum. When I set this privilege set, the menu item with delete, add is gone (great, this is what I want) however, my signature container does not work. I click it but nothing happens. When I change the Privilege set to the data entry only set, the menu is back and my signature container works again. Is there way to keep the privilege set to data entry only then have a script to hide the that menu bar when the layout is opened (ie: I currently have a script On First Window) that says if the tra account logs in, go to layout RepairFormFromIpad, if Admin logs it, go to layout RepairFormIT. I have tried to put the Show/Hide Toolbars [hide] in this script but it doesn't work. I'm wondering if I have it in the wrong place. I have it after the go to layout command.
I have a file to send you. Check your Inbox at the top of this page for additional information.