3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2011 12:41 PM by disabled_JackRodgers

How do I prevent a solution from being installed on more then one Ipad.

user14040

Title

How do I prevent a solution from being installed on more then one Ipad.

Hi

Is there a way to prevent the installation of a solution on to a different Ipad?  Not good at scripting so if someone knows where I can read up on how to do it I would appreciate it.

thanks

• 1. Re: How do I prevent a solution from being installed on more then one Ipad.

A solution can be dedicated to a computer by using the NIC, see get(systemNIC) in the help file.

Once a copy of the solution is melded in this fashion and a few other tricks I am working on, a copy of the file will not work on another computer.

The problem is how to make this happen. And how to keep it from happening to a copy of the file. And how to transfer this authorization from one computer to another if your client buys a new computer.

Do you intend to distribute many copies to different computers or is this just a one time action, perhaps you want to install it on your own computer without someone making their copy?

• 2. Re: How do I prevent a solution from being installed on more then one Ipad.
            user14040

I am hoping to sell muliple copies but what I am talking about is if a client does not have the desktop version they just want to use it on the Ipad.

Thanks

• 3. Re: How do I prevent a solution from being installed on more then one Ipad.

I've run into a bit of bump in my Validation file in that Filemaker Go does not allow import/export so I am considering a workaround for Go...

However using GetValue ( Get ( SystemNICAddress ) ; ValueCount ( Get ( SystemNICAddress )) ) will identify a computer, since the system nic is supposed to be unique. However, it may be possible for it to be spoofed... but don't worry about that for now.

Create a table for computers that you will allow to login and compare the GetValue ( Get ( SystemNICAddress ) ; ValueCount ( Get ( SystemNICAddress )) ) to the Get ( SystemNICAddress ) value you enter in that table.

There are many more comparisons but this is enough for now.