5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2010 7:26 AM by user14040

How do i send email of record

user14040

Title

How do i send email of record

I want to be able to send an email of the contents of a record but i cant figure out how to do it can someone help out

Thanks

• 1. Re: How do i send email of record
          rmanook

Lawfour:

Thanks for posting.

FileMaker Go does not have a Send email function that can be accessed in a menu; Send email must be configured on the FileMaker Pro database side.  That is, open a database in FileMaker Pro, create a Send email script or button, access the database via FileMaker Go, and then run the script or click on the button in FileMaker Go.

Hope this helps.  I am reading your post as looking for Send email functionality in FileMaker Go as opposed to help in writing a script to perform the task.  If this isn't the case let me know.

Thanks,
          tsturtle
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: How do i send email of record
            TSGal

Lawfour:

Thank you for your post.

Currently, FileMaker Go does not have the ability to export the record as a PDF file and then attach it to an email.  However, you can specify fields in a Send Mail script, so although you can't email the record in its current form (layout), you can specify fields in the Title and/or Body of the email message.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: How do i send email of record
              user14040

Sorry I wanted to reply and pressed the wrong button.  

What I want to do is create a script that will send the data that is in the record but I dont know how to do it, can you direct me in the right direction on how to setup a script. or code.

I try using the code below in the section that says specify calculation but it just gives me a number.

Customers::Name + Customers::Address + Customers::Phone

thanks

• 4. Re: How do i send email of record
                TSGal

Lawfour:

Thanks for the clarification.

The "+" sign is used for addition.  To put text strings (and fields) together, use the ampersand (&).  For example:

Customers::Name & Customers::Address & Customers::Phone

However, this just runs the string together.  You can enhance this to place a space between each field with the following formula:

Customers::Name & " " & Customers::Address & " " & Customers::Phone

To go one step further, you may want to put each field on its own separate line.  That formula would be:

Customers::Name & ¶ & Customers::Address & ¶ & Customers::Phone

If you want a combination of text strings and fields, you can modify it further to:

"Name: " & Customers::Name & ¶ & "Address: " & Customers::Address & ¶ & "Phone: " & Customers::Phone

This should give you a good starting point.  Please let me know if you need clarification for any of the above steps.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: How do i send email of record
                  user14040

Thanks so much, this is exactly what I was looking for I will try this code out.

thanks again.