4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2014 2:57 PM by philmodjunk

How do you log off on Filemaker GO?

terrypink

Title

How do you log off on Filemaker GO?

I was setting up an iPad and used an admin's account on Filemaker GO, but now I need to log off that account and re-enter a participants password, but every time I go to Filemaker GO, it automatically enters through the admin account again?

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: How do you log off on Filemaker GO?
          TSGal

tpink:

Thank you for your post.

From your description, it sounds like the file option is set to open automatically with an account name and password.  To change this, open the file in FileMaker Pro, pull down the File menu and select "File Options...".  Click the Open tab, and in the section under "When opening this file", make sure you uncheck "Log in using".  This will then ask you for an Account name and Password the next time you open the file in FileMaker Go. 

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: How do you log off on Filemaker GO?
            terrypink

Thanks so much for the suggestion!  What does the "log in using" actually do?  I unchecked it as you recommended...

• 3. Re: How do you log off on Filemaker GO?
              TSGal

tpink:

The "log in using" option will open the file automatically entering the login information.  That is, FileMaker Pro/Go will not prompt you for an account name and password, so each time you open the file, the same login credentials are used.  If you have multiple accounts, then uncheck this option so others can enter their own credentials when opening the file.

Does that make sense?

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: How do you log off on Filemaker GO?
                philmodjunk

If you want to quickly test your file in FM GO using different accounts, I suggest using a script with the Re-LogIn script step as a way to pull up a password dialog that lets you re-access the file using a different account name/password.