Thank you for your post.
The FileMaker Go 1.1.1 update now allows users to capture photos on an iPhone, or take photos that are already in the photo library of an iPhone or iPad and insert them directly into a database. Therefore, you will need to move any photos/images that are linked in Excel to the photo library in order for FileMaker Go to access them.
Dear FM master
Maybe I provide the confuse message to you.
I have 4000 + name card info, and I have the all name card small size scan image. I hope that I can see the every contact with their image in Filemaker Go. Actually. I have to import the text information with Excel into the FM, but I have not known how to import all image info into the FMgo by ONE time. not manual.
Do you have better solution to me. for examples, script ? if it support in FMGo? I use my iPAD to read the info offline.
Thank you for the clarification.
In FileMaker Pro, you have the ability to import photos from a folder. This is not available in FileMaker Go. Therefore, if you have FileMaker Pro, put the 4000+ picture files in a folder and import them into the database file. Then, use iTunes to transfer the database file to your iPad.
If you do not have FileMaker Pro, then you will have to insert the pictures one at a time.
it is right, I have download the FM pro 11 Windows trial, because I buy the iPAD and , buy the FMGo, as you know. I must have a window or Mac version FM pro to design the FMGo application.
please advise how to complete the photo import on Windows. I had put all photo into same directory, and on the Excel column , I had put the relative photo file name link.
I want to import the photo into the FMGo. Even I use the simple calculation to get the image, imagewin:/.., but It can not run on FMGo.
So, please give me simple application note, or other thread index that is subject to my question. it will be appreciated .
1. Go to the Layout that has the Container field, or a Layout that is based on the table with the Container field.
2. Pull down the File menu and select "Import Records -> Folder..."
3. For Folder location, select the folder that contains the images/photos.
4. If you have sub-folders with images in that folder, then also check that option.
5. For File type, select "Picture and movie files".
6. If you want the images embedded in the file, then uncheck the option "Import only a reference to each picture file".
7. Click "Continue..."
8. Match up the picture field to the appropriate Container field. IF you also want to include the File Name, File Path and an Image Thumbnail, then match up the appropriate fields. Once done, click "Import".
Let me know if you need clarification for any of the above steps.