4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2012 8:47 AM by Dan1

How to make FileMaker Go Menus go away after selection

HenryRobinson

Title

How to make FileMaker Go Menus go away after selection

Hello,

I am making a solution in FileMaker 12 Pro Advanced for use in FileMaker go 12 and I am having problems making it work the way I would like.

I am trying to make the "Pop-up menu" or a "drop down list" go away right after you make your selection. I first had the tab order set to go to the next field but I found it to be a little confusing at times. There is also a lot of times people will only be changing a few of the filed on the page so there is no need to go though the whole tab order.

I have thought I could make hidden field to go to each time after selection but I am hoping there is a less time intensive option that someone could suggest.

This is one of the first times I have asked for help with FileMaker so if there is more inforation needed just let me know.

Thanks for the help
           Henry

• 1. Re: How to make FileMaker Go Menus go away after selection
          Dan1

Good Morning Henry,

Did you solve the problem?

Not sure I can help you as I have the same issue.

In FM11 all is well.  I designed a solution on a PC using FM11.  Open using FM11Go on the IPad/Iphone and it works perfect.  It has 12 fields that use a pop-up list.

Now I'm testing the solution in FM12 and I have the same problem you have.  The POP-up disappears in FM/12 and the PC once you make a selection, but does not disappear when using it on the Ipad and the customers all use an Ipad and the stand alone solution. 

Using you idea, I'm trying to make a script that will let me use the pop-up first and then go to a hidden field, but I can't can't get the pop-up to function when any script is applied to that field. 

So, question for the script experts.  Can you use a pop-up list and than run a script to close the value list and/or move to a non-tabbed invisible field.

Thanks

Dab

• 2. Re: How to make FileMaker Go Menus go away after selection
            HenryRobinson

well I am glad I someone saw my post :) But no I have not found a good soulution to my problem yet. 

I can say though that my idea that would solve the problem would not have needed scripts. You can use the built-in tab order but have each dropdown filed have a hiden filed that it would tab to next.

I have not tried it yet but I can't see any reason it woudl not work. I just still hope that there is a built in option to fix my problem. I have a lot more then 12 fileds I would need to do this one.

• 3. Re: How to make FileMaker Go Menus go away after selection
              codecruncher

I have found a decent solution with script triggers:

http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/a6079e94dd

• 4. Re: How to make FileMaker Go Menus go away after selection
                Dan1

Good Morning Henry,

I solved the problem and it should work for you too.  I used your tab idea and you were right, no scripts needed.  Since I was not using the tab order in my program I added a field called  "blank tab" (text) and made it a radio button with no value list.  I made the field as small as possible and stuck it in the corner of my screen.  I gave the field tab order #1 with no other fields tabbed.  Now I can use any of the pop-up fields and the pop-up list goes away the second you select your choose.  Works great and I thank you for your input.

Dan